The main new adition is Class.Thenable which is a new Class mixin that can be used in Promise style flows by using its
then method. When implemented in a Class, it makes the class thenable in the Promises/A sense of the word, meaning it can be used in Promise style flows by using its
The implementation, however, is more than just a then method. Any instance of a Class implementing
Class.Thenable is a
Promises/A+ compliant object (generally referred to as 'a Promise') with only oneexception: it is possible to reset the Class's value resolution statefully (rejecting pending reactions, and starting empty) to support aClass instance living for longer than just the lifetime of one valueresolution.
IE warning: This will be the last version to support old IE browsers. Next minor and/or major versions should be only IE11+ compatible. We might still release some patch in the
1.6.x version if needed.
Array.from deprecated, now called Array.convert: Following the conclusion of the ES6 specs we know now that
Array.from will have a different implementation than the one MooTools uses.
Because of this we renamed
Array.convert to not overwrite the Native implementation.
We kept it as it was though in the compat layer for compatibility reasons if you really to use it still.
To keep the API consistency we changed also the name of the method in
The main changes in this release are:
.frommethod in Array, Function, String and Number (#2758)(#2760)
- New feature: Class.Thenable (#2743)
- Add Safari 9 to Sauce Labs tested browsers (#2749)
- Added ESLint to Grunt specs to keep code styled and clean (#2748)
- Gruntfile refactor (#2741)
- MooTools specs goes Mocha (#2737)
- Specs upgrade, refactor and cleanup. Huge specs cleanup by Tim (#2736)
- Fix so the legacy
$pickgets exported to global (#2735)
- Fix so
EventClass gets exported to global (#2733)
- Add extra aliases to Assets package's description (#1335)
- Added ESLint to Grunt specs to keep code styled and clean (#1327)
- New feature: new option
keepOpento Accordion (#1333)
- New feature: added sort order to
onSortfunction arguments (#1332)
- Fix String.extras regex to not mix self closing tags (#1328)
validate-matchmatchName when containing spaces(#1186)
unDraggableTagsin Drag (#1159)
- Fix to
- New feature: added IPv6 compatibility to URI.regex (#1322)
- Fix semicolon in end of file that broke packager (#1319)